Battle of The Ballads
Event Date: 3 April 2022
Event Time: Doors: 1:00 PM Show: 2:00 PM [Ideally, contestants should arrive by 1:00 PM to mingle with the audience.]
Registration Deadline: 1 March 2022
Entry Fee: $25 (Must be received before 15 March 2022)
All money raised will be going to charity.
Prize: Winner gets a crown, sash, Title "Champion of the Ballads", and chooses which charity the money raised is donated to.
50% of proceeds will be donated to The Joyful Heart Foundation
Registration will begin on 1 January 2022 and run until 1 March 2022.
Only 10 Spots Available
1. Each constant must perform a ballad no longer than 5 minutes in length. Performances can be "live" vocals or lip-sync.
2. Contestants must be registered by 11:59 PM on 1 March 2022; we will not accept any registrations after this time.
3. The entry fee of $25.00 will need to be paid before 11:59 PM on 15 March 2022.
4. All contestants must select a charity they are competing for when registering.
Contestants will be judged on the following:
1. Your ability to convey your emotion: Ballads are emotional. When watching a performance, you want your audience to feel your emotions. Does your audience feel and understand how the song makes you feel? Did your emotion elicit the same within the audience?
2. Song choice: Did your song choice make sense for a ballad competition?
3. Overall concept: The judges are looking for your ability to convey the message set forth by your song. Does your choice in costuming fit your message?
This year the judges will be providing commentary, and their scoring will have no added weight. Instead, their scores for each section will be averaged and added together with audience votes. Every audience member will have access to a QR code that will lead them to a ballot. Voting will begin after the last contestant has performed and run for about 10 minutes. At the end of that time, voting will be closed, and no more ballots will be accepted. Every audience member will only be able to vote once; this means the more friends you bring to the show, the better chance of winning you will have.
Entry Fee is Non-refundable
If there are any further questions, please feel free to reach out to Anastasia Coverbottom.